Friday, April 24, 2009

Liberal Bias

I was just reading a story from the associated press that stated that 48 percent of Americans feel that America is moving in the right direction. This is getting so aggravating. If the poll had been about any other party whether they be Republican, Independent, Green or anyone else who was not a liberal, this would have stated:

'44 percent of Americans believe the United States is headed in the wrong direction.'

I am so sick of the slant. It seems to me that if the press likes you they publish the positive side of the poll results, but if you have lost their favor, they write about the negative side of the poll results.

This is why our country is in a tailspin. People are too worried about what the polls and the media have to say. Our country is supposed to be lead by US, not the press, the leaders of foreign countries or their citizens. Our country is supposed to be governed by the people, of the people and for the people of America.

I like many in this country have sat idly by for too long and it is time that I start to take note and act to save my country. I saw this statement in a piece written in Bangladesh by William Gomes a human rights activist; " Benjamin Franklin said, “Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!” When the wolves fight for the lamb, democracy, they are fighting to kill it."(April 04 2009) This is particularly relevant in that the political parties in America are acting just like the wolves and if we the people do not stand up, our country will no longer be the country that I promised to die for when I first joined our military.

I am a Patriot, Veteran, defender of our constitution, but most of all I AM AN AMERICAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment